Here are some things we think you might find interesting and useful during your pregnancy, birth and first weeks as a parent. Please also feel free to browse or download the entire WestCoast Midwives Client Handbook.
- College of Midwives of British Columbia
- Midwives Association of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Midwives: What is a Midwife?
- What is midwifery care?
- Reading list for pregnancy and childbirth
- Resources in Victoria
- Employment Insurance (EI) and Parental Benefits
- Diet During Pregnancy
- Treatments for common discomforts during pregnancy
- Sex during pregnancy
- How can a doula help you?
- Screening Tests
- Bleeding during pregnancy
- A guide for women and families experiencing early pregnancy loss
Second and Third Trimesters
- Home or hospital?
- Three Variations of Labour
- Labour and Birth – Questions and Answers
- The third stage of labour
- Newborn Procedures
- CMBC VBAC Guidelines